Leadership & Giving Circles
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) seeks philanthropically minded people who care about ocean science and its role in creating a sustainable future for the only planet we have to call home.
Partner with us by investing your time, talent, and resources in research that is critical to understanding some of the most pressing issues of our time: The Ocean Twilight Zone, ocean and climate change, sustainability and stewardship of our resources, human impacts and the future of ocean robotics and discovery. Our researchers and engineers’ discoveries on the water or in the lab bring us closer to understanding this very complicated blue planet. Ocean knowledge is the first step towards informed decision-making and preservation – join us!
Three great ways to get involved
Ocean science research has never been more urgent!
- Holds 97% of Earth’s water and is essential to all life;
- Is home to the vast majority of species on our planet;
- Feeds the world by producing 30% of global protein for 3 billion people every day, and
- Remains a resource in peril with human activity affecting the oceans in new and astounding ways.
WHOI research provides the groundwork for understanding the ocean’s future by
- Framing high-profile issues with science, where unbiased understanding enables better response;
- Proposing new ways to conserve and protect ocean life, including endangered whales and coral reefs;
- Analyzing climate change and sea level rise; and
- Pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in robotics and other technologies.